Friday, July 26, 2013

How to find real error in Sharepoint 2010 based on Correlation ID of the error


PROBLEM:

If you get error in SharePoint 2010 most of them are generic like this one, where only thing we can see is Correlation ID.





SOLUTION:

To see the real error and pin point the real problem you have to

- Copy the Correlation ID from the error message

- Run SharePoint 2010 Management Shell

- Run the following command with your Correlation ID


get-splogevent | ?{$_.Correlation -eq "CORRELATION ID"} | select Area, Category, Level, EventID, Message |Format-List


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the best time to make some plans for the future
and it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could
I wish to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions.
Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
I want to read even more things about it!

My blog post ... back pain remedies